I usually reserve this dish for the summer, when my garden is full of gorgeous Jersey tomatoes and fresh basil. Toss together the bruschetta, throw a little of the liquid in with my chicken for a quick marinade, and throw the chicken on the grill. Simple, quick, light, and delicious!
This bitter cold weather here in the northeast makes me long for warmer days. Or maybe just a day without so much rain! I’ve been feeling a little down lately and needed a good pick-me-up, plus I really wanted a huge helping of heart healthy tomatoes, fresh garlic, and olive oil, so I decided to make an indoor version of this tonight. I had it over a huge salad with some steamed broccoli. I just use the bruschetta as my dressing… delicious!!
I didn’t think to take a pic, so definitely hop on over to the original source of the recipe for beautiful pics and comments.
Grilled Chicken Bruschetta
Adapted from Skinnytaste. See recipe here.
- 3 medium vine ripe tomatoes, diced
- 4 small cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 4 oz part skim mozzarella, diced
- 1lb chicken cutlets
1. Combine tomatoes, garlic, basil, salt, pepper, olive oil, and vinegar. Set aside while you marinate and cook chicken (will keep overnight).
2. Place chicken in a bowl and carefully pour some of the bruschetta liquid over the chicken. Let sit for 15 minutes.
3. Prepare grill or grill pan (if indoors). Grill chicken until thoroughly cooked and no longer pink inside.
4. Add the diced mozzarella to the tomato bruschetta.
5. Top each chicken breast with bruschetta. Pile it on. Seriously.
This is really one of our favorite recipes. Hope you try it out and enjoy it!!